Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Anglesey - Tuesday’s pictures (and a personal achievement)

The day started drizzling and cold. However: I soon regretted the extra layer of fleece I put under my drysuit. A few minutes after we left the beach for today’s paddle the sun started shining. This afternoon we paddled from Rhosneigr to Llandwyn Point and back. Again a different scenery: in this part of Anglesey the coast is characterized by wide sandy beaches and sand-dunes – quit familiar to us Dutch! Near Aberfraw Bay we met the 3rd. Dutchmen Walter on the water.

This was a special day for me: after 8 years and 3 visits to Anglesey I finally managed to complete my “circumnavigation of Anglesey”: this South-Western part of Anglesey was the missing link – the stretch of Anglesey’s coast I didn’t explore before. Some people round the isle of Anglesey in one day: Kate did so recently in 13 hours and 8 minutes: a record, respect!
Rhosneigr – Aberfraw bay – Llandwyn Island v.v., 25 km, Wind S-SW 4-5 occ. 6 Bft.

No comments: