Friday, November 17, 2006

The ultimate Christmas Gift


KAYAKS OF GREENLAND, The History and Development of the
Greenlandic Hunting Kayak
, 1600-2000, by Harvey Golden. Published in 2006 by White House Grocery Press, 580+pages, 400+figs. and photos, 106 scale drawings of kayaks,79 scale drawings of paddles, 8.5 x 11 x 1-1/2" paperback. Need I say more? Perhaps a little bit pricy (99 US Dollars, incl. Shipping) for a gift, but don’t you buy must of your Christmas Gifts yourself anyhow?

Other suggestion: the limited edition of the Comprehensive Atlas of the Dutch United East India Company. Appeared just in time for Sinterklaas and Santa Claus (buying this one however, will sure create some relational problems at home…).

2 comments:

Michael said...

Hans, I saw Harvey's book at Delmarva this October and like others in attendance, I too stood in awe. There is nothing like it. It's a definitive work and worth every penny and more!

Hans Heupink said...

Hi Michael!
So did I presume. You convinced me! I am going to order a copy today!
Hans