Thursday, August 09, 2007

Holiday-greetings from the Lipno Lake in the Czech Republic

Lipno Lake early in the morning

In a last minute action we booked a holiday in the Lipno Marine Resort. We spent some relaxed sunny days around here. I just discovered a Café with a internet Hot Spot. Now I am updating this weblog with a my laptop on my knees and a fine chocolate dessert next to me in Lipno nad Vltavou. Finally I have finished the drafts of the post I prepared in the last weeks, try to post them now, so after a long time there is some news on this blog. Sorry for the delay!

As the resort is located directly at the Lipno-lake I couldn’t resist the temptation to load two kayaks on the car. My favorite holiday routine is to get op early and to paddle 2 hours on the lake in the morning before I join the family at the breakfast table.

Descending the Vltavou by kayak or raft is very popular around here. We did rent a raft and paddled from Vyssi Brod to Cesky Krumlov amidst hundreds of partying Czechs. Big fun. Cesky Krumlov is very impressive and an absolute must to visit – Unesco World Heritage.
Saturday the Czech Triathlon Championships take place in Lipno and is our last day here.

No comments: