Thursday, December 11, 2008

NKB Zeekampen 2009

NKB Zee-opleidingsweek Zeeland July 25th - August 1st, 2009
NKB Zee-opleidingsweek Vlieland September 5th - September 12th, 2009

Yesterday-evening I promoted the courses of the NKB Sea kayak-committee in Alphen aan de Rijn. I had prepared a presentation in two parts: the first part was a powerpoint-presentation about the about the natural and cultural highlights of Vlieland and environs (and a bit about the fascination of kayaking in the Wadden region). In the second part I tried to give an impression of the program and the atmosphere of a seakayak-week-course with a slideshow.

Making a selection for the slideshow proved to be quit a big job - I had underestimated it a bit. I thought it would be simple as I have a huge collection of Vlieland-pictures. But over the years they have spread over different directories. Chaos in Gigabytes - I really must make a start to organise my pictures more efficient (On this purpose I Installed Adobe Photoshop Elements on my laptop long time ago, but I still must start using it...). And so it took some time last week to find the pictures I had in mind. Never mind - a lot of good memories came by, scrolling down the directories. And now I have made this selection, I can use it for more presentations. I uploaded the selected pictures in a public album on Picasaweb - so if you want to get an impression (without words) of the atmosphere of a seakayak-week on Vlieland: just click here.

The audience was great, visitors from kayak-clubs in the wider region. I am curious if I meet some of these enthusiast people at the seakayakcourses in Zeeland and Vlieland next year!

More detailed information about the NKB seakayak-course on the NKB-website. The information is still about the 2008-activities, but is due to be updated in the next few weeks. The 2009 dates are: Zeeland July 25th - August 1st, 2009 and Vlieland September 5th - September 12th, 2009. Registration for the seakayak-weeks in 2009 opens in the first week of Januari. A download form will be available at the NKB-website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Hans, Leuk prestentatie. Echter foto 99 van de 147 is op 1 mei 2008genomen bij Anglesey. Om precies te zijn in de tidal race bij de North Stack. Genomen door Axel. Niettemin een mooie foto die een goed beeld geeft van omstandigheden die ik ook weleens meemaakt ten noorden van Vlieland. Groet Ad

Hans Heupink said...

Hi Ad!
Grappig dat je op afstand mee geniet van de presentatie! En: scherpe blik! Dank voor de tip. Ik had al twijfels over de locatie van deze foto. Er zitten een paar Vlieland-foto's van Axel tussen (Karien bij Texel, de Vliehors-express), maar dit is dus North-stack. Geeft verder niet (er zitten trouwens ook Spiekeroog foto's tussen), het gaat om het beeld, de sfeer. Dit plaatje had dit jaar bv heel goed op weg naar Engelschhoek geschoten kunnen zijn!
Groetjes,
Hans