Thursday, February 09, 2006

It has been a hard day's work

It's been a hard day's night
And I've been working like a dog
It's been a hard day's night
I should be sleeping like a log
Lennon/MacCarthy 1964


Sometimes live is hard. Yesterday I spent the day debating scenario's for the future of Zuid-Holland with scientists and representatives of business, social parties and NGO's. That's called work. Location was the pier of Scheveningen. The pier of Scheveningen is some kind of a cross-over between an oil-drilling platfrom and a highway-restaurant. I like neither drilling platforms nor highway-restaurants. And to make it even worse: they are playing music of the Carpenters on the toilet!

But the site is great: in the middle of the surf zone! We were gathering in a meetingroom with a perfect view on the waves. As the day passed, wind was increasing and the rollers and breakers became better and better. The debate was good. I missed my kayak.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

o yes hans. life is very hard!!
greetings
KAAT